From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-x86 commit in net-mail/getmail: ChangeLog getmail-4.9.2.ebuild
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 22:23:15
1 Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
2 > Le mardi 13 octobre 2009 à 23:48 +0200, Jeroen Roovers a écrit :
3 >> On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:22:13 +0200
4 >> Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> We are working on a proper explanation targetted to devs of this. I'm
7 >>> sorry for the inconvenience caused.
8 >> How large of a change to the tree will this involve? Is it a small
9 >> number of packages that need to be fixed through the ebuilds right now?
10 >> will that number grow? Will you notify package maintainers of these
11 >> changes?
12 >
13 > Apparently not, it's not that the change is complicated but I (and the
14 > rest of the gnome herd) would rather have an upfront information about
15 > any kind of changes to our ebuilds than discovering these through
16 > gentoo-commits...
17
18 Jeroen / Gilles : Coming soon. The internal draft was just prepared but
19 Fabian will be sending it.
22 >>> For the moment you can find our own documentation here:
23 >>> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/techdocs.xml
24 >> Where did you document D -> ED? Can you briefly describe what it does?
25
26 See the section "The variables ED and EROOT" on that link. I don't want
27 to open it up for discussion on this thread though.
30 > I'd also like to know why this cannot be handled by the usual D with
31 > package manager support, this would save a lot of changes to ebuilds
32 > (like the python abi stuff that still has no documentation afaik).
33 >
34 > I sincerely want to see progress in the way we handle prefix, python
35 > abis and all the cool stuff that is still in preparation, but let's do
36 > it in a way to makes every dev aware of it (sending a mail to
37 > gentoo-dev-announce for example), thanks.
38
39 Thanks for your support on behalf of the Prefix team,
40 -Jeremy