From: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] New useflags for printing
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:11:11
1 On Monday 14 July 2003 22:05, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to introduce two new useflags for printing packages. It would affect
5 > all printing-driver packages, this are at the moment: hpijs, gimp-print,
6 > omni (not yet in portage), foomatic-db (foomatic v3.0, not yet in portage),
7 > but there may follow more.
8 >
9 > The current status is that some drivers only install ppd files (e.g.
10 > hpijs), some foomatic-xml files and ppds (gimp-print) and some only
11 > foomatic xml files (foomatic-db).
12 >
13 > To clear this situation I want to introduce two new use flags:
14 >
15 > foomatic and ppds
16 >
17 > Foomatic is a database to create ppd files (printer-driver files) out of
18 > xml files.
19 >
20 > Foomatic should be in all profiles, as this is the way the gentoo-printing
21 > doc describes setting up a printer. Those who want to build ppds for all
22 > printers in a driver package should set the ppds flag.
23 >
24 > mfg, heinrich :)
25
26 Since nobody complained, added.