From: Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC]flag-o-matic.eclass strip-flags change to support prefix
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:04:45
1 2012/6/17 Justin <jlec@g.o>:
2 > On 17.06.2012 15:23, Maxim Koltsov wrote:
3 >> 2012/6/17 Justin <jlec@g.o>:
4 >>> On 17.06.2012 14:13, Maxim Koltsov wrote:
5 >>>> Hi,
6 >>>> During prefix bootstrap i noticed that strip-flags removes -L and -I
7 >>>> flags from *FLAGS while these flags are essential for prefix
8 >>>> bootstrapping. Therefore i propose a fix for strip-flags function to
9 >>>
10 >>> Is this really necessary? I never experienced any problems which need
11 >>> this when following the guides. I looks like a hack, because something
12 >>> else is borked.
13 >>
14 >> I've just hit binutils on OpenBSD not finding libdl.so installed in
15 >> $EPREFIX/usr/lib/ because of this.
16 >> Don't tell me that OpenBSD prefix is unsupported, i'm working on
17 >> getting it supported.
20 > I am still not convinced. libdl.so is provided by glibc, at least on my
21 > linux system. And glibc is one of the rare packages which needs to be
22 > provided by the host system instead of being installed in the prefix.
23 >
24 > Is there something different on BSD which makes libdl.so appear inside
25 > the prefix?
26
27 At least on OpenBSD dlopen() is not in libdl.so, but in ld.so itself,
28 so I have to install dummy libdl.so to ${EPREFIX}/usr/lib.
29 I think we should use Fabian's solution from the bug, if it does not
30 cause any unwanted consequences.