From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Reworking package stabilization policies
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 07:40:08
1 On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 07:47:27 +0200
2 Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > No, seriously - given the fact that some of my packages were even
4 > stabilized without contacting me (app-misc/hal-cups-utils,
5 > app-admin/system-config- printer-common) - I think it should be:
6
7 Well you'd marked them "~arch", right? That means they're candidates to
8 go stable.
9
10 > * solely up to the package maintainers to stabilize application on
11 > arches they're using or on any arch if package is arch-agnostic
12 > (optionally, but preferably with some peer review from other project
13 > members or arch team members).
14
15 There are no arch agnostic packages.
16
17 > It's really freaking silly to wait months for stabilization of some
18 > random php/perl library that's known to work.
19
20 How do you know it works if you don't test on the arch in question?
23 Ciaran McCreesh