From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem with autoconf
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:37:45
1 On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 20:04, MadCoder wrote:
2 > with the bootstrap from gcc3.1, I've a problme with automake/autoconf.
3 > many application (like automake) needs autoconf 2.52 or greater, what I have
4 > on my gentoo.
5 >
6 > But I get many of errors :
7 > ,-----------------
8 > configure: error: Autoconf 2.52 or better is required
9 > `----------------
10 >
11 > even when I force the use of autoconf 2.52p with an
12 > "export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1"
13 >
14 > is ther something to modify or ?
15
16 At that stage during bootstrap, there is no autoconf or
17 automake installed (if I remember correctly) ... this is prob
18 the reason for your hassles. So you will first need to
19 get these merged, although I dont know into what hassles
20 you will run into if you just do "emerge automake" before
21 bootstrap.
26 Martin Schlemmer
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
28 Cape Town, South Africa