From: "Dooley
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Question about dependancies
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 10:07:08
1 Hey All,
5 How does emerge handle dependencies (if it does).
9 The reason I asked comes from just issuing an "emerge clean" to wipe out
10 old versions of software that have a more recent install. Well, libpng
11 was updated recently, but my install of KDE (3.0-r1) was linked against
12 libpng-1.2.1-r1 (but was upgraded to 1.2.3). The fix was simple to
13 reinstall the older libpng, but I wonder if emerge could have detected
14 this.
18 I see that /var/db/pkg/kde-base/kdebase-3.0-r3/RDEPEND has a list of
19 basic dependencies, but is it possible to get a bit more refined? Or is
20 this too cumbersome?
24 BTW: To the development. Right on for a most excellent implementation
25 of a Linux distribution. Keep up the great work!
29 Cheers,
30
31 Ryan