From: Edward Duffy <eduffy@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] common ebuild mistakes
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 17:22:03
1 On the one ebuild I've sumbitted, the dev that committed it added a line
2 for
3 DEPEND="virtual/glibc"
4
5 What wouldn't depend on glibc, isn't that a given? A quick scan
6 through the portage directory turns up:
7 # find /usr/portage/ -iname '*.ebuild' | xargs grep "virtual/glibc"
8 | wc -l
9 1982
10 # find /usr/portage/ -iname '*.ebuild' | xargs grep -v "virtual/glibc"
11 | wc -l
12 406821
13
14 So most ebuilds don't do this anyway. What's the rule of thumb for
15 adding this as a dep?
16