From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Let's populate IUSE_IMPLICIT in the base profile
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:58:49
1 On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > The council has approved [1] "Profile IUSE injection" [2] for inclusion
5 > in EAPI 5, and in latest Portage we have experimental EAPI 5_pre2 [3]
6 > which implements all of the approved features. So, now would be a good
7 > time to start populating IUSE_IMPLICIT with whatever values may be
8 > appropriate.
9 >
10 > What values belong there? Some of the flags that appear in
11 > profiles/base/use.mask might make good candidates, such as prefix and
12 > selinux. How about other special flags like bootstrap, build, and test?
15 prefix and test make sense to me. I'm not so familiar with the others.