From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for some CD/DVD-recording applications
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:50:20
1 060708 Peter Gordon wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> Please keep Xcdroast in Portage: I use it & it has no bugs AFAIK.
4 > It depends on cdrecord-prodvd
5
6 Not on my system (which I just eix-synced): I have a working Xcdroast,
7 but have never had Cdrecord-prodvd; no, I don't have a DVD writer (yet).
8
9 >> Better tools ? -- please name them & give reasons.
10 > There is K3b (a Qt app)
11
12 Yes, I could certainly try that.
13
14 Let me amend to
15 "Please keep Xcdroast in Portage till there's an urgent reason to drop it".
16 The original announcement did look rather arbitrary
17 & "Hey, this is soo oold, we don't need it anymore" is not a reason.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list