From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Dev-only Wiki for eclasses/portage
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:46:06
1 On Tuesday 01 June 2004 12:08, Lisa Seelye wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 19:25, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
3 > > This a RFC:
4 > > What do you think about a public wiki, writeable by devs, where
5 > > eclasses can be documented in a quick-and-dirty way?
6 > > Additionally information on best practices can be made available
7 > > in the wiki too.
8 >
9 > What is wrong with documenting inside the eclass or other file?
10 > </devil's advocate>
11
12 I was about to say that only devs can do that ... and then I realised that
13 this thread was asking for a dev-only wiki (doh).
14
15 Tbh, I'd recommend putting together a man page for an eclass, if it really
16 needs documenting that badly. I did this with the webapp.eclass. If anyone
17 wants some help in using DocBook to write man pages, just ask (maybe I should
18 write a mini-Guide or something?)
19
20 Best regards,
21 Stu
22 --
23 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
24 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
25 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
26
27 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
28 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
29 --