From: Benjamin Judas <benni@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Resurrecting "Project Dolphin"
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:59:24
1 Hello folks,
2
3 it's been a while since I stepped back as a Gentoo-developer (about 1 1/4
4 years) and in that time I did exactly zero. Private life (and unfortunately
5 stress) kept sucking up my time and interest in helping out in development
6 work. However, now after a long hiatus, I feel the need to get back to action
7 and continue at exactly that point at which I stopped.
8
9 I took the decision to reanimate "Project Dolphin". Dolphin was an
10 experimental minimal CD similar to Grmbl aimed at semi-professionals and
11 professionals to help repair broken systems or minimize data-loss.
12
13 Opposites to the official Gentoo-Minimal-CDs it contained more software and
14 also a working gcc (the idea behind that was to provide a quickly available
15 distcc-host by simply bootng any additional machines in a network with the
16 dolphin CD).
17
18 Since I am sure that needs and ideas for such a CD have changed in the last 15
19 months, it's definitely a good idea to ask again which applications or
20 services should be available on that CD.
21
22 I hereby request every person make suggestions. Please note, that Dolphin will
23 be a CLI-based CD only, so no X-Applications will be taken into
24 consideration.