From: Peter Ruskin <aoyu93@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild for kontact: looking for testers
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:32:45
1 On Wednesday 30 Jul 2003 20:03, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > After talking with pauldv from the KDE, we've agreed that this ebuild
3 > can go into Portage - but it will remain masked for the time being.
4 > This version of Kontact overwrites parts of the original KDE
5 > install, and this is against our ebuild policy. pauldv has
6 > volunteered to look into what it would take to create an accompanying
7 > kdenetwork ebuild that could be used to help Kontact be more
8 > compliant.
9
10 If you unmerge kontact, as I did because I had glibc-2.3.1-r4, it stuffs
11 up kdenetwork and kdepim: both have to be remerged.
12
13 I'll be trying kontact again because I bit the bullet, scrapped winex
14 and upgraded glibc.
15
16 Peter
17 --
19 Gentoo Linux: Gentoo Base System version 1.4.3.9
20 kernel-2.4.22_pre2-gss i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1600+
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list