From: mats pettersson <ninja@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to allow su and ssh access
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:58:30
1 On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2
3 > Robert Schrem wrote:
4 >
5 > > >> I'am wondering where to locate the 'switch' to allow
6 > > >> users (at least myself) to use the su command to get
7 > > >> temporary root rights.
8 > >
9 > > > You must add the users to the wheel group in /etc/groups
10 > >
11 > > Wow! This worked out - you just have to know it,
12 > > otherwise you search for a while...
13 > >
14 > > >> Also I would like to be able to
15 > > >> login as root via ssh. This is obviously blocked
16 > > >> somewhere in the configuration files.
17 > >
18 > > > Normaly this is only blocked if you have no root password.
19 > >
20 > > The authentification works, but the connection is
21 > > aborted immediatly. I will try to solve the puzzle
22 > > with the help of Jerry's hints...
23 >
24 > Another hint take a look at /etc/ssh, there must be
25 > ssh_host_dsa_key[.pub] ssh_host_key[.pub].
26 > These get normaly gererated automatic by the sshd strat-script.
27
28 is it set to be allowed as default root on sshd in the in the current
29 gentoo version ? other wise check /etc/ssh/sshd_config PermitRootLogin yes
34 > > Thanxxx!
36 > > gentoo-dev mailing list
37 > > gentoo-dev@g.o
41 > gentoo-dev mailing list