From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-db/freetds
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:34:30
1 On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 19:16 -0700, Drake Wyrm wrote:
2
3 > I notice that the example herd in metadata.xml.skel is "no-herd". Is
4 > this an acceptable default when no herd has yet accepted maintainership?
5 > What about a default maintainer? Perhaps "nobody@g.o" I realize
6 > that such entries probably look bad out of context, but it might help
7 > raise flags where somebody needs to step in and take maintainership.
8
9 no-herd is not acceptable in my opinion, even with an added single
10 maintainer. There are already cases where such a setup lead to a package
11 being silently unmaintained again. No, the point is to make an active
12 search for maintainers (herds) and if those can't be found, well then
13 maybe other measures need to be taken (masking out/removal?).
14
15 - foser
16
17 PS. I know there are metadata.xml's with only no-herd, those should be
18 fixed too if encountered.