From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Copyright issues (Was: udev-ng?)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:34:06
1 On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 06:23:44PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:06:53 -0800
3 > Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
4 > > No one has to "fight" at all here, the law is very clear, and a quick
5 > > consultation with a copyright lawyer can provide us with a very good
6 > > set of rules and boundry conditions that all of us need to follow in
7 > > order to ensure that the Foundation does not get into any trouble
8 > > when it comes to copyrights.
9 >
10 > The last time someone from Gentoo spoke to a copyright lawyer, it
11 > resulted in a year-or-so-long ban on recruiting anyone, and everyone
12 > was supposed to sign a piece of paper agreeing to turn over all their
13 > floppy disks and monitors to drobbins upon request.
14
15 Yes, that was due to me refusing to sign the old Gentoo copyright
16 assignment (well, actually, my employer at the time refused to sign it,
17 rightfully so.) I thought we had that all worked out since then, as it
18 was, what, 8+ years ago?
19
20 thanks,
21