From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: use flags -> use options
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 02:57:29
1 On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 21:12:25 +0200
2 Tobias Klausmann <klausman@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
7 >
8 > > "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o>:
9 > > > I imagine there are a lot more cases where the simple on/off
10 > > > system we have now is suboptimal. I could be wrong of course.
11 > > > Please comment.
12 > >
13 > > This key=value systems sounds interesting. Another use could be
14 > > the choice between xulrunner, seamonkey, firefox.
15
16 We already have this with USE_EXPAND. Not exactly the same syntax, but
17 I don't see a terrible problem in that, and we don't have to fix all
18 three trillion related tools to handle it. Unless you can come up
19 with a case that can't be handled with USE_EXPAND.
20
21 > And maybe it can be alleviated for some of the virtuals problem
22 > space. For those apps that need an editor, one could think of
23 > editor=vim.
24
25 I don't see how this is related at all, as the packages need an editor,
26 but don't care which editor. So what would USE="editor=vim" do?
27
28 Marius
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list