From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] metadata.xml USE flag descriptions
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:48:23
1 On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >
4 >> After a category is converted, it will be auto-generated EXCLUSIVELY
5 >> from metadata.xml.
6 >
7 > A minor issue: use.local.desc is not sorted properly anymore.
8 > It should be sorted by category/package first, then by the USE flag.
9
10 I wrote the script that generates the new files.
11
12 It reads categories from $REPO_DIR/profiles/catogories
13 Then per category it runs down each package in os.listdir() order.
14
15 The use flags are output on a first-come-first-serve basis.
16
17 The script could possibly sort entries (sort categories; sort listdir
18 output, keep per-package use flags in memory and sort them). File a
19 bug to me if you want this.
20
21 -Alec
24 > For example (they are all in reverse order now):
25 > app-editors/emacs < app-editors/emacs-cvs
26 > dev-db/postgresql < dev-db/postgresql-base
27 > dev-java/ant < dev-java/ant-tasks
28 > x11-libs/qt < x11-libs/qt-core
29 >
30 > I think something like "sort -t -k1,1" should do the job.
31 >
32 > Ulrich