From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] sys-boot/grub:0 (GRUB legacy) sunset planning
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 20:44:43
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 15:56:04 +0000
4 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > - Are there other use cases that need grub-static?
7
8 I have used grub-static to boot Gentoo Systems built with Address
9 Sanitizer.
10
11 I have to check whether it's feasible to replace that with grub2, but
12 it will probably be complicated. The problem is that you can't build
13 full grub with asan, but you also cannot build the parts that require
14 external libraries (notably ncurses) without asan.
15
16 If grub-static gets last-rited from main gentoo I'll probably just keep
17 a copy of it in the asantoo overlay.
20 Hanno Böck
21 https://hboeck.de/
22
23 mail/jabber: hanno@××××××.de
24 GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42