From: Louis Sautier <sbraz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Improving warnings on packages.g.o
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:25:55
1 On 27/08/2020 12:37, Max Magorsch wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 12:10 PM Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Any plans on using the remoteid from metadata.xml ?
4 >> It's likely to be much more accurate since people have been filling
5 >> those manually for some time now ;)
8 > I think we could use the remoteid in future to improve the repology
9 > warnings. However, I am not fully convinced that we can completely
10 > replace the repology check using the remoteid, as a simple grep shows,
11 > that currently 9873 packages contain at least one remote id. That's
12 > just half of our packages in the tree. So I could imagine that we do
13 > use the remoteid whenever it is available and otherwise fall back on
14 > the repology data. However, for this to work we would need to things
15 > imo:
16 >
17 > 1) Get the latest version available given the remoteid
18 > 2) Compare the latest version available with our latest version
19 >
20 > It's especially the second part that I think is not done that quickly.
21 > However, if anyone is interested in coming up with some logic / code
22 > for this, any contributions are highly welcome.
23 >
24 Another cool addition, thanks :)
25
26 While we're on the topic of remoteid, could you please add links for
27 those somewhere in the package page?
28 I opened a bug for this a long time ago and I think it would be a nice
29 addition to the HOMEPAGE URL:
30
31 https://bugs.gentoo.org/657018