From: Nicholas Wourms <dragon@g.o>
To: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
Cc: Taylor Christopher P <ct@××××××××××.edu>, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Ported to OS X
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 23:14:20
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 05:42:34PM -0400, Taylor Christopher P wrote:
3 >
4 >>when you say "open bug" whatcha mean? oh, and i need people to help me
5 >>figure out somethings with the source... i remember vlad from my early
6 >>gentoo-ppc days. i'll need to email them both...
7 >>
8 >>thanks!
11 > Probably best if I get Portage working initially under OS X. I've started
12 > the port today and I'm not expecting that much difficulty -- should have it
13 > mostly done some time today. We can officially support OS X and make this
14 > into an official Gentoo project hosted on www.gentoo.org. :)
15 >
16 > Best Regards,
19 I've have a MacOS X machine as well, so I'd be willing to help test and
20 perhaps contribute (as time allows)... IIRC, SpanKY has an OS X machine
21 as well, so I'd say we are pretty much covered in the OS X department :-D.
22
23 One thing to note, libtool support on OS X sucks bug time, especially
24 with libtool-1.4. We should give some thought to integrating a libtool
25 1.5 ebuild now that it is released and stable.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Nicholas
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list