From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: festival use flag
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 21:14:48
1 Petteri Räty posted <4388C846.1070200@g.o>, excerpted below, on
2 Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:40:38 +0200:
3
4 > William Hubbs wrote:
5 >> All,
6 >>
7 >> The following packages have festival as a use flag:
8 >>
9 >> media-plugins/mythphone:festival - Enable festival support
10 >> media-radio/xastir:festival - Enable festival support
11 >>
12 >> I would like to add this use flag to
13 >> app-accessibility/speech-dispatcher also.
14 >>
15 >> Is 3 packages enough to move this use flag to global status? If so, I
16 >> will do this if I hear no objections by Monday.
17 >>
18 > I don't think so. Especially when all of those are not something very core
19 > system. The amount of global use flags is already quite long.
20
21 >From past comments I've read, here, three packages with the same USE
22 flag is absolute minimum to start considering it global, but it's not
23 really accepted at that. Five is the more accepted minimum.
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
29 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list