From: Eivind Tagseth <eivindt-gentoo@××××××××.no>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] requiring USE flag?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:31:44
1 * Peter Bienstman <Peter.Bienstman@×××××.be> [2004-01-23 09:15:51 +0100]:
2 > I have a package with requires that Python and dev-python/Imaging were built
3 > with Tk support enabled. What's the suggested way to handle this? Abort the
4 > ebuild if the 'tcltk' flag is not set? Or is there a way to automatically
5 > re-emerge these packages with that flag set?
6
7 Overriding a user's carefully set USE-flags like that doesn't sound too
8 good for me. I'd rather want the ebuild to bail out with a message to the
9 user.
10
11 Checking if the tcltk flag is set may not be good enough, the user may have
12 added this flag after emerging python. A simple
13
14 python -c "import tk" 2>/dev/null || die
15
16 would be a simple and effective test, wouldn't it?
21 Eivind
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list