From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *DEVELOPMENT* mail list, right?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:43:29
1 On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 07:03:45PM -0400, Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > So, fellow devs, what's new with development?
3 Over in the council, we've been doing some status updates of this
4 similar nature, mainly so we all know where we are at (for all the core
5 things that each of the council members are doing, not just limited to
6 council business). The last two meetings have been packed with other
7 stuff, so we've missed that then, but I'm hoping to get back on them
8 with the meeting later this week.
9
10 Various Gentoo things I'm working on presently, outside of the regular
11 everyday work of ebuild work and infra work:
12
13 - GLEP on bug-wrangling process (nailing down the good and the bad of what
14 our wranglers like Jakub are doing, so would-be wranglers can have a
15 good idea of what to do).
16
17 - Series of GLEPS on signing the tree/Manifests. So far it's 5 GLEPs in
18 the set (the series working title is 'Security of distribution of Gentoo
19 software'):
20 00 - Overview and Background Information
21 01 - Infrastructure to User distribution - MetaManifest
22 02 - Developer processes
23 03 - Handling of GnuPG for developers and keymasters
24 04 - Manifest2 hash policies and security implications
25 Of this series, 00, 01 and 04 are pretty much complete, but 02 and 03
26 need a lot more work still.
27
28 - Infra work for inbound SMTP servers (two of our older boxes being
29 repurposed) since the existing box is overload with mail processing.
30
31 - Slightly outside of Gentoo, but still relevant, I've been working on
32 some things with Git so that it's closer to a working solution for CVS
33 migration (the history slicing feature that we require is completed, and
34 subtree slicing is in progress).
37 Robin Hugh Johnson
38 Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
39 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
40 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85