From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anyone with access to genkernel repository? Or should genkernel be p.masked on amd64 profiles?
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 18:30:37
1 On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 04:34:09PM +0000, hasufell wrote:
2 > Tom Wijsman:
3 > >
4 > > Please no p.mask for a single line being wrong...
7 > That's nonsense. The amount of wrong lines doesn't matter. A single
8 > wrong line in the kernel can break your whole system as well.
9 >
10 > Please p.mask (or patch) immediately. There is no point in waiting.
11
12 I'd appreciate any patch on the Gentoo Handbook to use another tool for
13 initramfs. I have some experience with dracut, but the last dracut generated
14 initramfs failed on my system, whereas genkernel's still goes well.
15
16 The last Dracut generated initramfs also failed on SELinux systems, but that
17 isn't something that cannot be worked around...
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen