From: grant@×××××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] mailx
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:57:12
1 If anybody needs yet another project to work on, it might be
2 nice if Gentoo supported the traditional /usr/bin/mail command.
3
4 >From what I can tell the standard version of mail is called "mailx",
5 and it can be found from the Debian site. I don't know enough to
6 get this program working. The debian patch is nearly 60KB (uncompressed).
7 I think it's just a matter of telling the patch where some executables are
8 (and hopefully doing something to makesure that it can deal w/ .maildir),
9 but it's a bit beyond me at the moment.
10
11 -Grant-