From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:44:49
1 On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 19:24, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > I've had a different experience when interacting with releng, *especially*
3 > when it comes to changing the release cycle, so I'm not as optimistic as
4 > you are. I'm open to discussing it, however, so feel free to contact me
5 > offline.
8 I take it that you are referring to our argument. I never said that we
9 would not change cycles, I just said that we would not do it mid-year.
10 There has been an expectation for awhile now that the release cycle is
11 going to change for 2005. Re-read the logs.
12
13 > If this GLEP ends up getting approved and adopted, I see no problem
14 > synchronizing the annual release of this stable tree with one of the
15 > four/whatever annual releases of the livecd/package CDs. I'm just not
16 > going to let releng requirements get in the way of doing what is best for
17 > this project. If we can have the two happily co-exist without sacrificing
18 > the needs of the server project, great.
19 >
20 > --kurt
21
22 And we don't want the server project to get in the way of releng's
23 progress. We (releng) are willing to work with you and cooperate in any
24 way that we can, but judging from the above quote, as well as past
25 experience with you, let's hope that our projects can in fact "happily
26 co-exist" without one side strong-arming for the top position.
27
28 Regards,
29 --
30 John Davis
31 Gentoo Linux Developer
32 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
33
34 ----
35 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
36 Fingerprint: 4F9E 41F6 D072 5C1A 636C 2D46 B92C 4823 E281 41BB