From: John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
To: fdnews_gentoo@×××××××××.org, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Need a new USE variable
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:02:18
1 for this you might want to build everything into it by default, and have
2 a set of IUSE flags to disable them?
3 check out the mozilla ebuild for an example of the IUSE please.
6 On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 19:21, fdnews_gentoo@×××××××××.org wrote:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I am writing ebuilds scripts for the QtParted partition tool. The problem is
10 > that tool need many external tools:
11 > - xfsprogs if it supports the XFS file system
12 > - jfsutils for JFS
13 > - libntfs for NTFS
14 >
15 > But the problem is these use variables does not existing (according to
16 > "http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml").
17 > I would need to use them. Can I just suppose these variables already exists,
18 > or is there a need of declaration in the portage internals ?
19 >
20 > It would be a good idea to answer this question in the
21 > GentooDeveloperDocumentation.
22 >
23 > thanks
26 > --
27 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
28 --
29 John Mylchreest.
30 Gentoo Linux Developer
31
32 Gentoo Linux: http://www.gentoo.org
33 Public Key: gpg --recv-keys 0xEAB9E721
34 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEAB9E721
35
36 Key fingerprint:0670 E5E4 F461 806B 860A 2245 A40E 72EB EAB9 E721