From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libpcre.so.3 - Compatibility with Debian
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:40:50
1 On 08/12/2016 10:39 AM, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:12:22 -0500
3 > james <garftd@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >> (also, I'm not hung up on 'Jentoo' as a name; perhaps 'Gintoo'?
6 >>
7 >> (peace && hth),
8 >> James
9 >
10 > Way outside the scope needed here. However we pull off Zhenchoo, its
11 > going to be built on top of portage and our package management with
12 > extra bling.
13 >
14 > That's what is necessary to empower people with "ready built" machines
15 > to customize it in the direction of a "natural gentoo install"
16 >
17 > All this converstation details is:
18 >
19 > - Is a given technique good
20 > - Can it be installed in tree without breaking things
21 > - How do we do that
22 > - Is there a place we can do it where the problem is isolated to a
23 > narrow spectrum of users to limit potential fallout
24 > - Is this a "Put warning bells on it and let users blow off their own
25 > feet and then don't do it by default"[1] thing.
26 > - Can this be a "Just package.mask the problem on hardened" thing.
27 >
28 > All of those can be combined in some way to get and end result by
29 > whoever ships the stage 4 the way they want to do it. They can use an
30 > overlay if they want.
31 >
32 > Nothing is stopping them :)
33 >
34 > Other than themselves of course.
37 That simple huh?
38
39 Ok, show us a solution based on your dashed items, for the current
40 Valve/Steam/issues, and wrap up those very cool aforementioned games
41 into a stage 4?
42
43 I'd even settle for a liveDVD on that..... Remember::
44 Nothing is stopping you, other than yourself of course....
47 James