From: Yury German <blueknight@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping ia64/ppc/sparc profiles to dev/exp
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 04:24:15
1 Rich,
2
3 Core should be fine to have a system that at least boots. And security
4 still tracks ~arch's to get the system secured by removing vulnerable
5 packages as time permits.
6
7 We can not have an arch though blocking the security of the whole
8 distribution because we can not call for cleanup or release the GLSA,
9 waiting for a stabilization of a non-core package, while the actual
10 package has been in a tree in ~arch status for weeks or months. If we
11 limit the stable packages to only those that are required for core OS
12 boot, then the stabilization of the limited packages should be quicker.