From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new use flag editor : profuse
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:34:39
1 maillog: 08/12/2004-03:41:03(+0100): dams types
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have coded profuse, a gtk2 use flag editor (and more), and I think
5 > it's working great. If you could test it and give me your feedback,
6 > comments, remarks, wanted features, etc...
7 >
8 > http://www.damz.net/profuse/
9
10 A few notes, requests... whatever:
11
12 - It removed the quotes from almost all lines in my make.conf. E.g,
13 PORT_LOGDIR="/var/log/portage" became PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage. I
14 don't like it when it touches stuff besides my USE flags.
15
16 - It removes stuff from my make.conf if it is redundand with the
17 information from my profile. For example, if I have "alsa" in
18 /etc/make.conf and I run profuse, it says that alsa is set in
19 make.defaults and make.conf. I say OK, then run profuse again, and I
20 get alsa specified in make.defaults only, because profuse removed it
21 from make.conf. Could you implement an option that will at least give
22 it a choice to not touch stuff that is already in my make.conf, unless
23 I specifically request it? I mean, you do keep the data in the table
24 anyway? Maybe if you made use flags with three states ("enabled",
25 "disabled" and "unset") it would be trivial to write out to make.conf
26 every flag that is not "unset". The table could then display either
27 a "+", a "-" or nothing for each flag.
28
29 - "profuse --profile-dir=/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/alpha/2004.3"
30 fails because of the weirs syntax in that profile.
33 \ Georgi Georgiev \ To err is human, to forgive, beyond the \
34 / chutz@×××.net / scope of the Operating System. /
35 \ +81(90)6266-1163 \ \
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list