From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 42 (Critical news reporting) updates
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:50:32
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > | soon. The solution to that seems simple to me. Rather than have
3 > | 'package manager' do anything, just have it provide hooks that will
4 > | allow you to do your thing at the times you want.
5 >
6 > Exactly what I am doing. Hence why I'm not making Portage know any more
7 > than it really really has to about news.
10 I wish you'd reconsider, because I was looking forward to multiple repository support. You may want to specify the newsdir="$(portageq envvar PORTDIR)/metadata/news" bit in the glep and also note in the glep that there were dissenting opinions regarding the assumptions that you have made there.
11
12 Zac
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list