From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] gnupg-2 stable plans
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 13:52:53
1 Hello,
2
3 I want to make gnupg-2 stable.
4
5 The problem is that gnupg-1.9 was slotted as slot "1.9" and made stable.
6
7 So now we have two slots, slot "0" and slot "1.9".
8
9 gnupg-2 is drop-in replacement of gnupg-1, so eventually no slotting
10 should be used.
11
12 As far as I see, there are two migration pathes I can use:
13
14 1. Mark gnupg-2 stable, as it blocks older versions, this results in
15 forcing users to manually unmerge the gnugp-1.9 series, this is the
16 quickest and simplest migration path.
17
18 2. Perform slot-move of slot "0" and slot "1.9" into slot "2", so
19 migration will be smooth. The problem is that I need all archs to work
20 with me in timely manner so that this will be possible. I have
21 bug#194113 waiting for arm, mips, s390, sh, and this only for the
22 dependencies.
23
24 Any thoughts?
25