From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RE:Boot floppies
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:56:04
1 Well, why not use BYLD? You can check it out at
2 http://byld.sourceforge.net and see what you think. It hasn't been
3 updated in a long time, but I still find it useful.
4
5 On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 15:14, Don Seiler wrote:
6 > I wish tom's would update to work with gentoo. I've never ventured into
7 > bootdisk creation but I know it's been asked many times over: Can we
8 > have a gentoo boot-disk? Single-disk thing like tomsrtbt, but one that
9 > works with gentoo for a CD-less install is what I have in mind.
10 >
11 > I currently have 4-5 p200 boxes that are sitting useless because
12 > tomsrtbt is the only bootdisk that recognizes their NIC, but won't
13 > chroot because of the known problems. Slack and ZootLinux don't see the
14 > nic.
15 >
16 > Don.
17 --