From: scott worley <folokai@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC6 Boot ISO reports + info [kind of long]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 18:06:58
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 03:08:25PM -0400, Donny Davies wrote:
4 >
5 >>I can report no success on a Symbios 53c810 controller, with the SCSI
6 >>BIOS on the MB, in combination with an Yamaha SCSI writer. Sounds
7 >>like a funny setup I know, but it can work. I seem to have forgotten which
8 >>Linux distribution's bootable installation CD it was that actually worked
9 >>for this particular setup. I must try to rediscover it to see what is different!
12 >What brand BIOS and BIOS version does your motherboard have? The most recent
13 >version of isolinux (we're using the next most recent version) has this fix:
14 >
15 > ISOLINUX: Bug workaround for Award BIOS 4.51, and perhaps other buggy BIOSes as well.
16 >
17 >Best Regards,
18 >
19 Hi,
20
21 Related SCSI installed topic. Where are the drive dev nodes???
22 rc6-r9 iso boots ok on my AHA-2940UW system. Fdisk and mkreiserfs can't
23 find the drives. When I look in /dev the only entries for the SCSI
24 devices are:
25
26 /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/targetX/lun0 where X=0,1,5,6 for my 2 HD's and CD's.
27
28 Can't use these device entries to access the drives with fdisk or
29 mkreiserfs.
30
31 I seem to remember on rc5 that there was a /dev/disk/... set of nodes
32 what had the partitions.
33
34 Is there anyway to create these nodes in the iso image shell?
35
36 thanks,
37 scott worley
38 folokai@×××××××××.net