From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Which license?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:38:07
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2
3 >Im working on an ebuild for a package and Im not sure what license to use.
4 >The package is Copyright Company "X" but has this underneath:
7 >## This software may be freely copied, modified and redistributed
8 >## without fee for non-commerical purposes provided that this license
9 >## remains intact and unmodified with any distribution.
10 >##
11 >## There is no warranty or other guarantee of fitness of this software.
12 >## It is provided solely "as is". The author(s) disclaim(s) all
13 >## responsibility and liability with respect to this software's usage
14 >## or its effect upon hardware, computer systems, other software, or
15 >## anything else.
16 >##
19 >Last time I looked, there were some 800 or so files in
20 >/usr/portage/license/ - so which one would I use?
25 LICENSE="as-is" ?
26
27 IANAL