From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] C++ herd proposal
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:24:57
1 Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 >> I would also like to see many of them, if not all, moved to the dev-cpp
3 >>category:
6 > Is this bit really necessary?
7
8 The reason for me adding that bit is the metadata from dev-cpp:
9
10 The dev-cpp category contains libraries and utilities relevant to the
11 c++ programming language.
12
13 Now to me, that means I can find *all* relevant C++ stuff here. If we
14 don't want that to be the case, maybe we should say "miscellaneous", but
15 why should something be in dev-libs, as compared with dev-cpp?
16 net-libs, I could understand, and dev-games, as those could be argued to
17 have a direct relation. This is really just a matter of categorization,
18 and isn't as big of a concern for me as it is trying to put all of these
19 no-herd packages under a herd.
20
21 Mark