From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] open season on other-dev's packages -- policy change?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 14:33:40
1 Ian Stakenvicius schrieb:
2 > On 22/11/12 11:22 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 08:22:10PM -0600, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 >>> On 11:11 Sun 18 Nov , Robin H. Johnson wrote:
5 >>>> Here's a list of every package where I'm a maintainer and there
6 >>>> is no herd listed (but their might be other maintainers):
7 >> I didn't say I was dropping any of the packages, merely making an
8 >> explicit list of packages I maintain, that other developers are
9 >> welcome to touch - if they want to take them over explicitly, that
10 >> would be great too.
13 > .. For certain things, I think it would be very beneficial for this
14 > to be true (other dev's welcome to touch) across the tree. Maybe if
15 > there is enough general support for it, we should change our default
16 > of "never touch a maintainer's package without permission of the
17 > maintainer/herd", to "OK to touch unless package metadata explicitly
18 > requests not to" ...? And we can put a tag in the metadata to
19 > indicate this (or even to indicate what other dev's can and can't
20 > touch -- ie, can touch *DEPEND, can bump EAPI, cannot add features,
21 > cannot bump)?
22 >
23 > Thoughts?
28 What certain things do you have in mind? In wich situation do you see a
29 simple "May i touch the package?/ok for this patch?" as too much to do
30 before touching a package?
34 Thomas Sachau
35 Gentoo Linux Developer