From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devfsd.conf
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 21:45:28
1 On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 06:52:32PM -0800, Zach Forrest wrote:
2 > I've read Daniel's articles on devfs and the relevant man pages (i.e.
3 > irtfm), but I'm still having trouble figuring out how to add my own
4 > entries. The situation: I would like to have my VMware devices persist
5 > across reboots. I know I have to add some entries, but I don't know
6 > which ones.
7
8 Upgrade to the latest baselayout and update all your files in /etc, and
9 your vmware devices should persist after they have been created once.
10
11 Best Regards,
14 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
15 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org