From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI change: Call ebuild functions from trusted working directory
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:29:23
1 On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:42:21 -0700
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 > It seems to me that this is an EAPI=0 change. Since EAPI=1 and EAPI=2
4 > are just differences to EAPI=0, they wouldn't be voted on. Since
5 > EAPI=0 isn't actually approved yet, council wouldn't vote either. As
6 > it's a draft standard, this would be resolved amongst package-manager
7 > developers and PMS editors.
8
9 It's a retroactive change to EAPI 0 that requires changes from package
10 managers and has security implications... Robert isn't requesting that
11 we specify and mandate existing behaviour here, so it's not really
12 something that should be left up to PMS to decide and enforce.
13
14 I mean, if the Council's comfortable with PMS being used to force
15 package manager changes for things that aren't obviously bugs, we could
16 do it without asking, but that looks a lot like a slippery slope...
19 Ciaran McCreesh