From: "paul kölle" <paul@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] writing net.xx style init script
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:02:13
1 Hi all,
2
3 I need to write an init-script for multiple instances of the same
4 service with different configurations (need to start/stop them
5 individually) similar to what the net.xx scripts do.
6
7 I thought I could get the instance name from $0 and use it as a key to
8 look up the configuration in /etc/conf.d/servicename but $0 is always
9 /sbin/runscript.sh. The net.xx scripts know the name as ${IFACE} in
10 start() without doing something obvious... How do I get the name of the
11 called script in /etc/init.d? Better ideas?
12
13 thanks
14 Paul
15 --