From: Stuart Longland <stuartl@××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reply-to munging
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:19:44
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 00:15 +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
3 >
4 >>At the moment, I'm used to just clicking the Reply button to send to the
5 >>list... however, on most lists that I participate in, Reply-To is left
6 >>alone, so I'm normally in the habit of clicking Reply-To-All. Seeing as
7 >>I normally have to consciously think *click Reply, not RTA*, I for one
8 >>certainly won't miss not having Reply-to-All.
11 > Reply-to-All is evil. You should be using Reply-to-List. I know that I
12 > sure don't need to get the same email both on and off-list. Off-list
13 > emails should be reserved only for when you explicitly do not want to
14 > send to the list and only to the original email's author.
15
16 Well... someone should tell the Thunderbird people that... I'm still
17 hunting for the "Reply To List" button, and I've been looking for months.
18
19 Actually, some mailing list managers actually are intelligent enough to
20 not forward on an email if you're CC'ed. (Mailman comes to mind) I
21 agree, having messages sent in duplicate can be annoying, but its not
22 that hard to read one and delete the other. ;-)
23
24 Besides, normally I filter out the user's email address if I know
25 they're subscribed.
29 | Stuart Longland -oOo- http://stuartl.longlandclan.hopto.org |
30 | Atomic Linux Project -oOo- http://atomicl.berlios.de |
32 | I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on a tape somewhere |