From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 47: Creating 'safe' environment variables
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:24:46
1 On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:25:47 +0100 Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 | On 09-02-2006 23:50:08 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 | > On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:48:32 +0100 Grobian <grobian@g.o>
4 | > wrote:
5 | > > Instead of proposing a 4-tuple [3]_ keyword, a 2-tuple
6 | > > keyword is chosen for archs that require them.
7 | >
8 | > Provision should be made for future ports that require more than two
9 | > keywords. There's no particular reason to artificially limit this to
10 | > two at this stage.
11 |
12 | Can you come up with an example?
13
14 kfreebsd-gnu is, in effect, one example you're using already. You'd have
15 x86 as the arch, FreeBSD as the kernel and GNU as the userland.
16
17 *shrug* I agree that two is enough for sane people. However, I don't
18 see any particular reason to enforce a hard limit of two.
19
20 | > Examples of how this lot is to be used in DEPEND= etc would be good
21 | > for clarity.
22 |
23 | Ok, I assume you just want to see something like:
24 | DEPEND="ppc-macos? ( dev-libs/libpcre )"
25 | or
26 | DEPEND="x86? ( dev-libs/libpcre )"
27 |
28 | If not, then I don't understand where you're aiming at.
29
30 No, the expanded fancy stuff. userland_ etc.
33 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
34 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
35 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm