From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] revdep-rebuild
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:28:04
1 On Saturday 13 August 2005 09:01 pm, Stefan Jones wrote:
2 > So I have started making a small C program which does the
3 > "Checking dynamic linking consistency..." part of the revdep-rebuild
4 > program (I think this the the most time intensive part).
5
6 i've already contacted fuzzray about utilizing two packages solar put together
7 (and can be found in portage already):
8 pax-utils: scanelf
9 portage-utils: qfile
10
11 with scanelf, you can quickly build a list of all the files an ELF needs to
12 run ... with qfile, you can identify the package the ELF belongs to
13
14 both packages are written in C and imho, are quite fast
15 -mike
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list