From: Duft Markus <Markus.Duft@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] bison/flex extra runtime packages
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:55:24
2 > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 09:27:29AM +0200, Duft Markus wrote:
3 > > Now some package of mine in a local overlay requires bison and flex.
4 > > It's quite hard to get those to build _and_ work on winnt, so I
5 > though
6 > > about splitting the bison ebuilds in dev-util/bison and
7 > > dev-libs/bison-runtime (and the same for flex). What do you think
8 > about
9 > > this? Before we started using portage at our company I built the
10 > > runtimes only for winnt, so I know this works (for me)...
11 > Does yacc build+work maybe?
12
13 Hmm, haven't tried, I must admit, since our software has an explicit
14 depend on binson, since it uses it's runtime library. That's why I would
15 require distinct packages for bin and runtime. Bin should be built as
16 interix executable, which dependes on m4, which I just can't get to work
17 on winnt, and runtime should be built as winnt, since I need to link
18 against it.
19
20 After playing _many_ hours, this seems to be the only solution. If there
21 are objections against this, I can do it in a local overlay. I just
22 wanted to discuss it, to not do it in the overlay when others might want
23 this too, and just don't have time to do it :)
24
25 Cheers, Markus
28 > --
29 > Robin Hugh Johnson
30 > Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
31 > E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
32 > GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85