From: Mark Watkins <jedimark@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Hi there.. Not sure where I can help out..
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:01:10
1 I have a bit of free time, I absolutely love gentoo, and I'm interested
2 in helping out somewhere...
3
4 I am self taught and have been programming for over 16 years.
5
6 I am a wizard in x86 Assembler,C,C++,Perl,PHP.
7 Love but don't use very much any more: Forth, Lisp, Pascal.
8 Use whenever needed: bash, awk, etc...
9 Currently learning Python & Ruby in the & (won't take me long though)
10 Have used in the past: basic(k), java, modula-2, oberon, prolog, plus a
11 few other obscure ones..
12
13 Areas of expertise/interest: Bare metal, I/O programming, TCP/IP /
14 socket programming, Data-compression, Module loading code, Tree
15 structures, Sound/music programming, building electronic widgets and
16 writing drivers for them.
17
18 I currently only have access to x86 hardware, but have quite a few boxes
19 to play with..
20
21 Can anyone point me to where I could best be put to use?
22
23 Thanks..
24
25 /Mark Watkins