From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: neuron <neuron@×××××××××××××××.nu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Catalyst and zisofs
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:22:56
1 Yes, there is a VERY simple fix.
2 Go to your filesystems menu, find the ISO9660 filesystem
3 and check the Transparent Decompression box as that is REQUIRED
4 for zisofs to work!!!
5
6 The performance of the compression is not bad at all.
7
8 -Brad
9
10 > Anyone gotten a livecd with zisofs and a 2.6 kernel working? If so could
11 > you send me your .config and kernel version.
12 >
13 > With the example config I get to this:
14 > STEP 6: pivot_root and exec/chroot real init
15 > request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-9653
16 >
17 > request_module repeats 4 times then stops.
18 >
19 > Also, anyone know anything about performance when running with zisofs on
20 > or off? I originally though compressed = bad, but I've started thinking
23 > --
24 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list