From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] where is 'emake' defined?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:59:25
1 Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Andrew Gaffney wrote: [Mon Feb 23 2004, 10:04:19PM EST]
3 >
4 >>Are their any methods other than running 'make -n | wc -l' and comparing to
5 >>the current number of lines in 'make' output to figure out how far in the
6 >>build you are?
9 > You could run make -n and grab the output as keys into a hash with a
10 > counter as the value. Then run make and match the output against the
11 > hash. I don't know how much massaging of the data you'd have to do...
12
13 My original method works fine for single directory source trees. I've come up with a
14 different (yet very much the same) method for dealing with multiple directories in the
15 source tree. I run the command 'make -n | grep "make\[.\]: Leaving", use a Perl regex to
16 grab the dir from each one, and create an array. I define a variable to hold the current
17 array position. I check each line of 'make' output for the directory contained in the
18 current array element. If there's a match, the array position variable gets incremented.
19 The percentage compiled is figured as '($current_array_position / $size_of_array) * 100'.
20 It seems to work pretty well. I can post my code if anyone is interested.
23 Andrew Gaffney
24 Network Administrator
25 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.
26 636-357-1548