From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] https protocol is not supported in KDE2.2?!
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:06:44
1 On Monday 10 September 2001 6:35 am, you wrote:
2 > On Sunday 09 September 2001 22:27, you wrote:
3 > > I did not have it set when I first merged KDE2.2. Then I have set it in
4 > > make.conf and re-merged kdebase again. I even reinstalled the newest
5 > > openssl after an emerge rsync. No dice...
6 >
7 > Hm, look in /var/tmp/portage/kdebase-2.2/work/kdebase2.2/config.log
8 > for messages about ssl/openssl. See what reason it gives for not compiling
9 > against the openssl libs. It may be that portage deleted your temp dir
10 > after merging, in which case you'll have to ebuild unpack/compile to get a
11 > temp dir again. You can set MAINTAINER in /etc/make.conf to avoid that.
12
13 Thanks Dan, yes my tmp dir is deleted. I have set maintainer, and I will
14 leave my machine to compile when I leave for work today. I will let you know
15 what is in the logs.
16 Do you have the https protocol working? Is it just me?
17
18 Viktor
21 > > BTW, will we have kde2.2 precompiled binaries in RC6?
22 >
23 > As soon as all kde2.2/rc6 problems are resolved, we should. It'll probably
24 > be kde 2.2.1 (to be released Sep 17) by that time, which should solve some
25 > problems on its own.