From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: split up media-sound/ category
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:11:58
1 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella posted on Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:19:57 +0200 as
2 excerpted:
3
4 > someone said fat32 compatibility is a feature we want (still can't guess
5 > why, but well, be consequent...).
6
7 I believe that "someone" that mentioned fat32 compatibility in the
8 context of symlinks was me.
9
10 But "we want" is rather strong for what I intended. More, "it's a factor
11 to keep in mind", and "if we decide we do NOT want to keep fat32
12 compatibility, we should be sure the feature we're implementing that
13 breaks it is worth the tradeoff."
14
15 Maybe it is worth the tradeoff. Maybe it isn't. But either way, we
16 shouldn't break that compatibility accidentally, simply because we didn't
17 think of it as a factor.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman