From: Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: go-mono.eclass
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:51:59
1 On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:31:30 +0300
2 Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi Peter.
5 >
6 > > NO_MONO_DEPEND=(
7 > > "dev-lang/mono"
8 > > "dev-dotnet/libgdiplus"
9 > > "dev-dotnet/gluezilla"
10 > > )
11 >
12 > Just curious. What are the reasons to use array here?
13
14 I try to use arrays as often as possible, so I don't have to worry
15 about the shortcomings of variables. In the above example, you're
16 correct that there's no reason to use them over variables.
17
18 > > go-mono_src_install () {
19 > > emake -j1 DESTDIR="${D}" install || die "install failed"
20 >
21 > Is parallel make broken everywhere? :O This is real pain since smp
22 > systems became much more common these days.
23
24 It's only the install phase, and yes, it's generally broken. But that's
25 not really newsworthy, is it?
26
27 /PA
28
29 BTW
30 --jobs combined with --load-average rocks for smp systems. Total system
31 rebuild of 1200 packages in <12 hours.